Friday, July 20, 2012

two adoptions and a roommate!

Photobucket
Mama Cat (left) and her daughter Velvet were both adopted today by different branches of the same family! This makes me so incredibly happy :D

Photobucket
Poor little Sammy still needs a home! She is incredibly sweet and snuggly, and really, really wants to be a house dog. Unfortunately, she'll become an outside dog in a week and a half if no one adopts her, as there are too many critters in my mom's house as it is, and I can only have Mochi and Charlie in the place I'm renting in Orlando.

Photobucket
Mochi will be relieved once he's away from Sammy. He's very patient and playful with her, but I caught his expression right as Sammy jumped up on the bed...

Photobucket
...although it looks like this in my room a lot these days.

As I mentioned above, I will be leaving for Orlando in a week and a half! After all the madness with apartments that refused to rent to students or that wanted absurd pet deposits or had totally incompetent apartment managers, I opted to rent the townhouse belonging to my friends M and A (who now live in California). Unfortunately, the rent - which equals their mortgage payment - was over my budget. I've spent the past several months trying to find a roommate. This was rather challenging, especially since I don't currently live in this place and many of the people who were interested wanted to come over and look at it and meet me in person - and seemed thrown off by the whole 'Sorry, but I live in Georgia' thing. I have finally secured a roommate - her deposit arrived today. She's from California, and will be arriving in Orlando a week after I do. This works out well, as it will give me plenty of time to move in and get Charlie and Mochi settled. Here's what the place looks like:

Photobucket

Photobucket
This is a rough schematic, drawn from memory. It's not to scale or anything.

No comments: