Wednesday, July 11, 2012

dogdammit.

I leave for Orlando in three weeks. I'll be renting my friend M's house, where I can have one dog and one cat total - as in Mochi and Charlie. My mom already has eight dogs, two horses, and roughly thirty cats (see here), and she's 68, lives alone, and works full time during the school year. The last thing we needed right now was two more puppies of indeterminate breed. But of course that was what I found sitting in the middle of the road a block and a half from mom's house last night. Ideally I'd be able to find homes for them before leaving for Orlando... but given that these days we have tons of people begging us to take their unwanted pets and no one asking to adopt, well, chances are slim. The current plan is to keep them at my house until they've had all their shots, then to move them out to our land, where we'll start them off in a 4x6 dog pen. Mom will need to start moving dogs and cats out to the land fairly soon anyway, given that her house is creeping ever closer to habitable. Now, if anyone in GA or FL is interested in a cute and super-friendly female puppy, approximately two months old, let me know! Also, spay and neuter your pets!!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Charlie watches them play.

Photobucket

Photobucket


Watch the puppies playing in all their cuteness, observed by Charlie and Mochi

No comments: