Sunday, July 29, 2012

The adoption of Sammy, and cool Tifton kitsch

Sammy, the little black puppy, has been adopted! Mom and I drove to Tifton, GA yesterday in order to deliver her into the hands of her new owners. I'm very excited and relieved to have found homes for Sammy (as well as for his sister, who was adopted a few weeks ago), as I had no idea what I was going to do with them when I left for Orlando

Photobucket
This was taken with my cell on our way to Tifton. Sammy was sound asleep in mom's lap.

After seeing Sammy off with her new owners, mom and I decided to explore downtown Tifton, where I took some fun photos of the local kitsch:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
If you're ever in Tifton during a nuclear attack, there is a fallout shelter of unknown capacity. It's located down some dubious steps and behind a locked door. No idea who - if anyone - has the key.

Photobucket
In the community of Kirkland, in between Axson and Pearson, sit the remains of the old Kirkland school.

Photobucket
For some reason, the interior of the school is filled with gigantic empty food cans. (And I've had the peaches come from a can/ they were put there by a man song stuck in my head ever since I took this!)

1 comment:

Amanda Landers said...

We do have the key to the fall out shelter :) and it is being used. feel free to come and look around!