Sunday, July 10, 2011

Welcome to the 장마

장마 (pronounced jahng-ma) is the Korean word for the east-Asian monsoon season - and we're right in the middle of it. This is my third summer in Korea, and by far the rainiest. Take a look at the forecast for the next ten days:

Photobucket

At least this weekend I succeeded in getting some awesome rain boots.

Photobucket

Photobucket
I went and splashed in puddles during a lull in the rain...

Photobucket
A moment of self-reflection :-)

And I got a new suitcase to replace the one Charlie peed on when she was in heat (back before she was fixed).

Photobucket

If only I knew whether or not I was coming back to Korea - I can't really start packing until I know where I'm going. If they toss another delay at me on Tuesday, I'm going to tell them to bugger off.

No comments: