Saturday, June 23, 2012

Kyrgyzify your snack time!

One of my favorite things to eat is something I refer to as either "beer cheese" or "chechil" - a smoked, salted cheese popular for consumption with booze in the former Soviet Union (like peanuts in the US). I posted something the other day on facebook about how I really wished I had some chechil, and one of my former students from Kyrgyzstan responded that she was coming to the US, and she would bring some, and mail it once she got here. A week later, I had six packets of chechil; I'm now down to three and a half :-)

Photobucket

There was a period of time in Kyrgyzstan where I ate mostly chechil and twix, and drank mostly tan. Today I treated myself to my favorite Kyrgyz snack:

Photobucket

And in case you're wondering, the cat scratch is healing up nicely:


Photobucket

No comments: