Monday, February 27, 2012

That whole Darth Vader in Yeouido thing...

So, you remember back in December when my supervisor saw Darth Vader and a whole herd of Storm Troopers marching around Yeouido and didn't call me right away? Well, I now have the answer to why they were marching around Seoul (and I suspect that if I had a TV I'd have known about this ages ago): They were filming for the Olleh LTE WARP commercials. Olleh is Korea Telecom's mobile service.  



My problem with this has nothing to do with Darth Vader seeming like a pansy (although, really!) - it has to do with the whole WARP thing. I mean, I understand that WARP can be made to look like WARS in the Star Wars font super easily. But there was no warp in the Star Wars universe, dammit. Warp drive is a Star Trek thing. 

1 comment:

Crazy About Ukraine said...

Haha, that's awesome- Darth Vader and the stormtroopers marching around South Korea. You just made my day!

On a kind of related note, have you seen the video of the Times Square flash mob with dueling Jedi & Sith? Check it out- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wjf_lWxqyI