Friday, January 3, 2014

What a shitty day.

Charlie got all discombobulated by the return to Orlando combined with the fact that I'd brought two puppies with me (who were supposed to be delivered to their new homes in the Tampa area on Sunday). She somehow wedged herself in behind the dishwasher and then couldn't figure out how to get out. I have baby gates to keep the dogs from going where they're not supposed to, and had set one up to keep them from bothering me while I lay on the floor attempting to coax the kitty out from behind the dishwasher. Loki, of course, has been climbing baby gates like a pro since the day I brought him home. My mom had even joked that if he wasn't careful, he was going to break a leg. In his hurry to try and get to me (and I feel guilty because he was trying to get to me and I was yelling at him not to climb the gate) he fell... and somehow managed to fracture the hell out of one of his back legs. He spent all day at the vet, had surgery, had a pin installed, and is now in a crate whining pathetically. (I ended up having to unscrew the dishwasher from the counter and haul it out from under the counter in order to free the cat. She is fine.)

 photo leglok4_zps6cf5e5bb.jpg

 photo leglok3_zps846e7501.jpg
I didn't want to man-handle his leg, but you can kind of see the sutures.

 photo leglok1_zpsb09a6085.jpg

No comments: